Welcome! The CU Environmental Checklist is a tool that can be used across Cornell to determine whether a project, process, or operational change requires review from the Environmental Health and Safety Department's Environmental Compliance Division or approval and/or permitting from federal, state, or local regulatory agencies. In addition, CU Policy 2.9 requires an internal environmental review of all projects with potentially significant environmental impacts. This checklist is designed to help project managers identify projects that have these potential impacts, and to facilitate the internal environmental review process.
- Please complete the checklist:
- early in the project or operational change planning process (some environmental impacts require special design considerations and/or long lead time permitting), and
- when the project is close to construction (to catch any regulatory changes or changes in project scope), or
- at any point in the project, process or operation lifecycle when you become aware of any of the aspects below
- Click the help link next to each question for more information or specific instructions
- Click Submit to send your completed checklist to Andrew Murphy in EH&S (email@example.com, 254-8519)